ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Manager, Usability Research with a strong ability to advocate for form & function. The ideal candidate should be an analytical & creative usability researcher who is able to grasp user needs & solve problems. Your contributions will help enable focused cross-functional teams, & your user experience mindset will help bring clarity to the problem space & steer the solution space. As part of the candidate screening, please provide a link to a strong portfolio of successful usability research studies & outcomes.
What you will do:
As a Manager, Usability Research, you will Enable Functional Members:
- Work with UX Director to hire researchers within specific product experience focus areas.
- Within your small sub-team, provides leadership to teammates in all areas including hiring, performance management & objective setting, coaching, counseling & corrective actions.
- Within your small sub-team, manages team performance, development & training process to ensure a highly skilled & engaged workforce.
- Within your small sub-team, leads & provides guidance to staff members through continuous improvement & business process improvement activities.
- Within your small sub-team, manages & oversees the daily activities of one or more staff members.
- Responsible for the review & communication of annual performance reviews.
- This role is focused on both usability research discovery & user testing as a service, enabling our product development team(s). As a Manager, you will be bringing a wealth of experience into various product development teams & have a strong ability to enable other researchers to follow your practices & research vision.
- Work with other Managers of Product Design to increase cohesion of the products & platforms.
- Enable quality via usability & user testing protocol templates across different personas & platforms, while reporting on quantitative & qualitative findings.
- Enable collaborative research workshops & studio sessions.
- Enable your researcher's vision to enable product iterations plans & future story mapping.
- Present usability recommendations based on user testing, analytics, & user behavior.
- Recruitment of dealer partners into our co-design panels & usability studies.
- Measure past user studies & plan for optimization.
- Teach non-research functions (360 degrees) how to apply design evidence & best practices.
- Teach research best practices & standards.
- Steer cross-functional team members to focus on outcomes & map solutions to problem areas.
What you will need:
- Minimum 15 years of usability research across web, iOS & Android.
- Minimum 2-3 years of people management experience.
- Ability to work with other managers & build relationships.
- Ability to keep your team members spirits up & drive positive change.
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure & find alternative solutions.
- Ability to have others follow your leadership by showing the way.
- Teach others how to analyze data & usage patterns to generate UX insights.
- Teach others usability process & practices & encourage a continuous growth mindset.
- Lead & steer peer review sessions with all design members.
- Strong communication skills to provide rationale for your usability research decisions.
- Advanced understanding of UI, UX, interaction design, HCI, & animation principles.
- Experienced with Android & iOS design guidelines.
- Expertise with tools such as Usertesting, Survey Monkey, TryMyUi, Invision, UserZoom, Hotjar, Qualtrics, Delighted, Salesforce, Mixpanel, Fullstory, CrazyEgg, Optimal Sort.
- Expertise in personas & identifying cohorts to remove inherent bias from test plans.
- Expertise in project managing, leading & facilitating sessions, creating reports, & delegating tasks to stakeholders.
- Working knowledge with Miro, Figma, & prototyping tools such as Flinto or Invision.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, & responsive layouts.
- Passionate about solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions.
- A bachelor or masters degree in UX design or a related field.
- There will be special consideration for applicants with previous management experience & a proven track record to instill usability research management change & performance.
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.