About the team
The Global Distribution & Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders & customers. We are an integral part of the global supply chain, that seeks to improve its efficiency, cost, speed & flow of its supply functions.
About the role
The Director, NA Distribution is responsible for continued optimization & performance of our North American distribution network. This is a truly omni channel environment, consisting of retail, private label,Amazon & DTC fulfillment. The team is split into three distinct areas consisting of Customer Operations, Direct to Consumer & Warehousing Operations, & Systems & Analytics.
What youll do
- Iterate on & optimize our omni-channel North American distribution network, staying ahead of our growing business & customer needs.
- Ensure our 3PLs are adhering to Harrys Global Distribution Leadership standards & are constantly working to improve their performance.
- Drive continuous improvement activities that look at the end to end supply chain holistically.
- Work hand in hand with our customers to establish joint opportunities for cost, service, speed, & quality improvements.
- Implement scalable tools, systems, & processes to support a high performing distribution network.
- Drive continued development & capability building within the NA Distribution Team.
- Develop operating plans & budgets that support the overarching company goals
- Work with our internal DTC, retail, & customer experience teams to make distribution a competitive advantage
- Find creative ways to continually get closer to the customer. Anticipating changes in customer behavior & then delivering best in class solutions to address those needs.
- Manage by exception, promoting a culture of accountability & continuous improvement.
- Ensure we have the right technology to scale & manage our operations efficiallenty. Evaluate build vs. buy decision.
- Optimize DTC fulfillment end to end, ensuring our services levels meet the needs of our customers & business
This should describe you
- Outstanding communicator, able to influence at all levels
- Passionate about people development & understand that this is paramount for success
- Passionate about creating a performance-driven organization at Hs through effective objective setting, performance management, succession planning, recruitment & retention actions
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around
- You are customer focused - always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers
- Process oriented. Whether youre creating a process or following a process, you believe process is not a substitute for (but rather a conduit for) great communication
- Sense of urgency: bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, & self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving, & interpersonal skills
- Experience in ERP, OMS, & WMS systems, implementation & optimization experience preferred
- Retail fulfillment operations experience a plus (Walmart, Target, Macys, etc)
- Lean experience a plus
- Understands that accuracy & detail orientation help drive success, & is willing to go deep
- Knows what good is & alway aims to go beyond that mark.
- Sense of humor
Heres who youll work with
- Reporting to VP, Global Distribution & Logistics
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to Retail, Sourcing, Sales & Operations Planning, Finance, DTC, IT, Engineering, Customer Experience, R&D, & Quality
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.