Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, & are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support & growth you need to strengthen & evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking a Process Mining Consultant to join our Customer Success team. In this role you will learn our methodology to analyze business processes across different industries using Appians technology.
Process mining is a technique that uses data to discover & measure behaviors of complex systems to identify improvement opportunities. All too often, businesses develop applications & processes based on assumptions. With Process Mining, Appian Customer Success empowers our customers to make design decisions that align to their goals based on data & facts.
As a member of the team, you will be engaging with our customers throughout the life cycle of our process mining engagements. Helping them analyze business processes & uncover the source of customer problems. You will analyze large datasets to understand why businesses suffer from issues like rework, bottlenecks, & waste.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Quantitative analytical skills & understanding of process data & patterns
- Experience in ETL, or data engineering & the analysis & visualization of data
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience working with relational databases & database design/data modeling, & SQL skills (writing queries, joins, views, etc)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with Docker, Git, & command line utilities is a plus
- Analysis experience of processes in any of the following fields is a plus: banking & finance, manufacturing, pharmaceutical/life sciences, energy, telecommunications
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, a passion for technology & continuous learning, & an affinity for asking why & solving the right problems
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding & Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical & professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, & business & its up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions & guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appians customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually & in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- 1+ years of experience with process improvement, technology consulting, or software services/implementations
- Bachelors in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, Information Systems, or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 20% to support customer engagements
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.