See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Architects, Kubernetes Cluster Lifecycle Service.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive & develop our Kubernetes infrastructure & deployment systems as a shared service to scale with Twilios growth. These shared platform services are essential to developer efficiency & incident reduction. If you are deeply passionate about enabling Twilio engineers, & solving sophisticated infrastructure problems with software, you are a great fit for our team.
In this role, youll:
- Help architect & drive technical implementation of declarative software driven infrastructure systems that are used by Twilio application developers & influence the direction of technology at Twilio
- Design, develop, & maintain state of the art software for managing Kubernetes infrastructure at scale
- Educate & advocate for new technologies in the Twilio engineering organization
- Mentor & coach less experienced engineers
- Create, maintain & operate mission critical systems that host key applications
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience designing/architecting/implementing & operating highly available production level infrastructure based on Kubernetes at scale
- Expert level experience with Kubernetes and/or containers. Understanding of the core components of Kubernetes, how it works & how to run & deploy it.
- Experience with tooling surrounding the Kubernetes ecosystem including the various controllers, operators & package managers that are available. CRDs, Operator patterns, Aggregated APIs, RBAC
- Experience & proficiency in writing sustainable GoLang. Other software experience relevant but not required: Java, Python, Rust, etc
- Experience architecting Kubernetes aligned observability best practices via instrumentation, logging & tracing with tools such as Prometheus, alertmanager, Grafana, Jaeger, fluentd, ELK, etc
- Experience architecting & implementing software development & deployment best practices using tools such as ArgoCD, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc
- Experience developing various level of tests including unit, integration, performance & ongoing operational canary testing
- Experience with cloud automation & lifecycle management tooling such as Terraform, ansible, chef
- Experience with AWS & its different products including EKS, EC2, SSM, etc
- Written communication skills including how to document & diagram design requirements.
- 15+ years of engineering experience
- Computer Science background & education
- Experience running Kubernetes at scale or in an environment with many application teams & services. SRE & systems operational experience.
- Experience with ClusterAPI & the ecosystem surrounding it.
- Experience with low level container technologies like containerd, container first operating systems, & CNI
- Experience implementing secure Multi-tenant software solutions
- Experience with virtualization technology
- Linux internal, distributed systems & OS experience.
This role will be Remote-US
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $193,760 - $242,200
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.