We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to help develop, test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist in the LUNAR Technology Development team, you will work with members of the team & collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, process engineering, automation, clinical development, quality & operations. You will be hands-on in the lab, leading & participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, & transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will lead & participate in teams supporting the development of IVD & LDT products. An ideal candidate would have in-depth technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, & development of customized reagents for these assays in a regulated (FDA/ISO) environment.Preference is given to candidates with experience developing/optimizing genomic & epigenomic assays.
- Execute studies aimed at improving & streamlining NGS assays
- Collaborate cross-functionally to facilitate the effective transfer of methods & processes to the CLIA lab
- Identify areas for improvement in assay work stream & propose & implement solutions
- Ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (CLIA/CAP, 21CFR, ISO13485)
- Present data, proposals, & progress in various forums & to technical & non-technical audiences
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models & experimental tests for those models, & synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Experience with NGS data analysis tools (Python, R, IGV, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document & communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Enjoy working independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & able to adapt to change
- Ability to prioritize & multi-tasking
- Curiosity & drive
Experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Product development under design control FDA regulated environment for submitted regulated products
- Experience with assay development in conjunction with automated liquid handling platforms
- Experience optimizing/developing sequencing based genomic & epigenomic assays.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field & 5+years of relevant work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.