Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology? Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you'll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world's leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within & outside of the office, & whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport & Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as a Technical Project Manager, we want to hear from you.
What's it all about?
The Development Team is at the heart of the successful execution of the Earthport corporate strategy, responsible for developing the technology solutions for a market leading product portfolio, driving growth & profitable revenues through the success of the global sales teams.
With a keen focus on strong commercial product exposure in the payment's domain, the team is dedicated to building a professional, proactive & market leading technology solutions adopting modern methods & practices. The goal of the team is to create & build a world class technology solution supporting a portfolio of products, adding sustainable value to the business, as part of strategically focused cross-border growth for Earthport.
The Technical Project Manager provides key delivery discipline to the overall Development team supporting the enhancement of Earthport's current & future payment processing capability. As a key member of the Development Team, responsibility for the manged delivery of change using project management best practice forms the basis of the role.
As an experienced Technical Project Manager leading the delivery of technical changes in response to business demand, the ability to liaise with all elements of the organisation is a must. A heritage of clear instruction & reporting to manage projects & generate precise actions will be a natural part of the role. The ability to challenge timelines & gain efficiency of delivery with Development Teams' resources will be something to measure the degree of success achieved with positive results generated.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, quality, timeline & meeting requirements.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that meet the agreed goals, seeking efficiency & timely completion.
- Co-ordinate the resources within the Development Team & elsewhere through all project phases, from initial development through to implementation & post live warranty support.
- Monitor project progress continuously & generate detailed status reports on measurable items, including milestones, deliverables, risk, issues, design overviews, goals etc.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, & implement efficiency improvements.
- Create & chair ongoing Steering Committees as necessary, supported by all project delivery artefacts to monitor progress, seek support & flag heightened risks & issues.
- Maintain an ongoing review of project finances with feedback relating to cost benefit & return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed change controls to project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve & implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources & materials as needed before & during projects in liaison with Development Team members & elsewhere in the organisation as necessary.
- Where necessary maintain healthy yet robust relations with suppliers & vendors associated with project delivery to ensure agreed commitments are met.
- Participate in overall group strategic direction setting & generating the technology deliverables to respond to this, identifying the direction & activities for the Development Team.
- A strong background in Agile delivery & management of delivery backlogs to drive priorities & tasks for the overall project team.
What we're after...
The areas flagged below are the essential needs associated with the role but do not reflect an exhaustive listing of the required skills & experience to fulfil it. Any additional elements that will further enhance the ability to execute the role are most beneficial.
- Financial Service, Banking & Retail industry experience.
- Able to capture the core delivery tasks & actions required to meet the overall project delivery objectives & articulate these the core delivery team
- Excellent planning ability to capture & sequence all necessary project delivery tasks & share overall plans with appropriate levels of detail for multiple audiences from Exec to delivery teams.
- Exposure to mobile banking & payments technologies & solutions.
- Strong track record of successful project delivery meeting agreed time-lines & budget demands.
- Excellent financial planning ability to define & prescribe necessary budgets & then maintain delivery within the agreed & approved budget.
- A keen administrative approach to keep all project artefacts updates, available & maintained for wider project & organisation consumption, for example using SharePoint & disciplined structure.
- A strong communicator able to articulate complex concepts & details to multiple audiences from Exec to delivery teams & customer liaison teams.
- A good grasp of core programming concepts as used in the payment processing domain of Financial Services.
- Helpful & supportive of others - works effectively with other people in the team & wider organisation, including senior management & the Executive team.
- Develops effective working relationships with those around them, providing specific support the Project Delivery team & Development Team with that.
- Self-starter & self-motivated, with the ability to challenge & question the status quo in an appropriate manner while addressing the broad needs of the organisation & more locally with the Development Team.
- Ensuring close attention to detail is maintained across the team in all areas of work: design, documentation, coding, testing, & following agreed processes.
- Effective prioritisation & multi-tasking - able to prioritise quickly & effectively. Maintains a can-do attitude.
- Open to feedback, able to deal with ambiguity & work on multiple concurrent activities
- Successful under pressure & naturally curious to solve problems, explore new techniques & technologies.
- Able to work & manage development teams that are geographically dispersed & across time zones.
- Represent Earthport & the Development team positively both internally across the organisation & externally at various industry forums as well as third party suppliers.
- Deep interest in financial services with commercial experience in financial services & first-class technical & collaboration skills.
- A degree in software engineering, another engineering discipline or a scientific discipline is required.
- A-level(s) in mathematical disciplines.
- Recognised Project Management certification, e.g. PRINCE II, CAPM, PMP etc.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.