Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer who is interested in working with a talented startup team in building a new financial management product to help agents understand how their business is performing. You will have the opportunity to pioneer entirely new systems & methodologies that help agents more effectively manage their cash flow, spend, track commissions, & manage payments. You will participate in designing & implementing a number of backend services to ingest, organize, analyze & present agents with financial data.
What We're Looking For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, & Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services & RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, & data ingestion.
- In-depth understanding & hands on experience with relational databases & SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Experience with a real-time data streaming on Kafka or Kinesis
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- Strong business communication skills
- High attention to detail & quality
- Experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.