WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The core responsibility of this role is to deepen engagement with Blue Apron customers, differentiating us from the competition & growing customer lifetime value by leading a team to develop, execute, manage & measure the business impact of 1) lifecycle marketing campaigns (i.e. onboarding, engagement, loyalty & winback programs) & 2) new product launch campaigns (i.e. physical products & web/app features) across all of our engagement touchpoints (email, push notification, in-app & onsite marketing channels (and beyond!).
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Oversee all communication touchpoints with new & existing Blue Apron customers in order to maximize customer lifetime value & ensure that customers are aware of all of Blue Aprons offerings, from new & existing products, including app & website features, to the recipes on our weekly menus, to proactive communications re: the status of our customers boxes for the upcoming week.
- Manage a team of Product Marketers responsible for planning & executing marketing programs & communications designed to drive customer lifetime value & retention -- spanning from new customer onboarding programs, to engagement/loyalty programs, to winback programs. Oversee strategy & financials of these programs, with a focus on ongoing optimization.
- Partner with cross-functional leads to ensure seasonal products are launched on time & in the most impactful way possible, leveraging the appropriate engagement marketing channels (i.e. in-box inserts, emails, push notifications, in-app messages, targeted/paid social posts, etc).
- Work closely with Product Marketing teammates to develop channel plans (email, push notifications, onsite & in-app marketing, paid social, in-box content, etc) & testing strategies to maximize learnings from each new campaign rollout (i.e. multiple creative variants, campaign rollout by customer segment, holdout groups per campaign, etc).
- Partner with the Analytics team to develop success metrics & determine appropriate measurement approaches in advance of each new marketing program rollout or major marketing launch campaign.
- Share project plans & gain alignment with Marketing, Analytics, Creative, Legal, Product & Customer Experience teams ahead of project launch.
- Conduct project post-mortems to review performance results, feedback from cross-teams & learnings for future campaigns & marketing programs.
- Manage vendor relationships, budgets, & implementation plans for third-party tools & platforms.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading & managing roadmap of a product marketing or CRM team.
- Strong communication & project management skills; ability to successfully work & collaborate with cross-departmental teams.
- Hands-on experience managing lifecycle marketing campaigns (i.e. acquisition, onboarding, engagement/retention, loyalty & winback), from asset creation through to campaign launch & look-back analysis.
- Experience working collaboratively with technical teams like Product, Engineering & Operations.
- Comfortable interpreting raw data & converting into actionable insights/recommendations.
- Experience onboarding & managing technical tools & third-party vendors (e.g., email marketing, push notification, customer data & segmentation platforms).
- Flexible workstyle; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment & making decisions by making assumptions via limited information.