KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Project Manager/Estimator- Steel Product Management
Working directly in the Product Management Group for Steel Products at Katerra, this role will work with the team on projects including managing timelines & estimates for construction & other related projects. Our goal at the Katerra Steel Center of Excellence is to be a self-sustaining laboratory environment where we identify third party projects to help build our internal capabilities & showcase our products, processes, & create new learnings for efficiency & effectiveness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Charting out the project objectives & plans, setting performance requirements, & selecting project participants in factory, office and/or field.
- Manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Oversee the project from handoff to finish.
- Act with a safety & quality mindset in all you do & demand the same from all associates & vendors.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, & identification of resources needed.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses & minimizing exposure & risk in the project.
- Ensure that project activities & work plans move according to predetermined schedule & make adjustments as needs arise.
- Communicate effectively with the customers & contractors who are responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate the work & schedule of all parties involved in the project, which may include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors & laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the project activities on a regular basis & hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality & safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of project sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design, constructability and/or other issues likely to give rise to disputes & claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients & review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Effectively & professionally communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as field & office personnel, subcontractors, outsource partners & client representatives.
- Review program or project issues & opportunities with supervisor.
- Manage & communicate client concerns, problems or complaints on assigned programs or projects.
- Effective time management & logical decision-making ability.
- Ability to prioritize work, maintain a positive attitude & composure in stressful situations.
- Must be able to plan, execute & close out multiple projects or tasks in short periods of time to the satisfaction of the supervisor and/or client.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Five years or more experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, & manage time efficiently
- Able to work with & influence team of employees & multiple projects
- Organized & able to create multiple timelines, budgets, & schedules
- Knowledge of local, state, & federal building code regulations
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, & customers
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university
- Experienced at compiling & following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Accurate & precise attention to detail
- Goal-oriented & organized leadership
- Able to analyze problems & strategize for better solutions
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry
- Self-motivated & self-directed
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.