Group Nine Media is a NY & SF-based digital media company consisting of four core brands: Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo, & Seeker. Our content collectively reaches hundreds of millions of people & is viewed over 4.5 billion times every month. Were currently working on the evolution of our content & its distribution, focusing on everything from data-driven optimization, to new platform adoption such as Amazon Alexa & VR.
We are looking to add an Operations Engineer to our Operations team in our SOHO, NYC office.
As an experienced Operations Engineer your role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Create & maintain continuous integration (CI) & continuous deployment (CD) environments to facilitate an Agile development process.
- Research, recommend & implement new technologies.
- Manage our Kubernetes clusters that host our monitoring & alerting services, staging environments, & production sites for all of G9's brand portfolio.
- Research & enforce best practices across our technology stack.
- Improving operation workflows, increasing engineering efficiency, & reducing infrastructure costs without sacrificing operational stability.
- Provide optimization & testing tools to the rest of the engineering team to enable them to write high quality software.
- Incident response & management.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, & problem-solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 3+ years of experience building & maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, or similar infrastructure automation technologies
- Continuous Integration/ Deployment experience, specifically Jenkins
- Passion for improving the software development lifecycle through process, technology,
- Extensive knowledge of cloud infrastructure, cloud providers (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud), & the services that they offer.
- Familiarity in "Infrastructure as code" philosophy, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with troubleshooting in a highly available production environment.
- Experience with CDN such as Fastly or Akamai
Are you interested but think that you might not qualify because you cant check off every bullet point above? Apply anyway & let us know if you have a related skill that you think would benefit our team.
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.