With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel & life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, & over 200 other quality standards, were taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over six years ago, & now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe. Were growing incredibly quickly & need someone who breathes hospitality operations management to manage projects, develop processes, & scale them as we grow. Considering Sonders expansion plans both within New York City & throughout the country, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal & professional growth for the right candidate.
The Shift Supervisor mandate is simple: Create sustainable processes to take our efficiency & guest experience to the next level.
Were growing quickly & need someone who is guest-focused while creating tools & processes to run an efficient operation. Someone who is able to handle the day-to-day management of our locations across New York City to ensure all of our guests are happy, all while creating a clear path for our Hospitality Agents & Guest Experience Team to deliver a seamless stay. Think of a hotel where the rooms are distributed across a city; theyre different shapes, sizes, ages, & styles, & we still want to offer hotel-like service. Thats what youll own.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Support Hospitality Agents by training, coaching & providing performance feedback to hold team members accountable with an eye towards execution
- Prioritize, delegate, execute, & support on tasks to ensure world-class guest experience
- Communicate cross-functionally clearly & with compassion
- Own & update standard operating procedures to support hospitality team execution
- Assist in project rollouts & implementation for continuous improvement
- Analyze city trends to optimize operations & to preemptively identify potential guest issues
- Working with our Operations Leadership Team to identify new opportunities to elevate our operations for both the guest & our city team
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience managing direct reports
- Hardworking & willing to do what it takes to keep our guests happy
- Able to lead a team by example, & inspire people to be engaged & proactive
- Great communication skills, able to break everything down into clear action steps
- Detail-oriented & organized
- Youre a strategic thinker
- Knowledge of real estate, hospitality or start up operations is a plus
- Youd rather build infrastructure than fight fires
- Comfortable with using technology for EVERYTHING
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.