CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric developer to join our team where you would be responsible for enhancing an application platform that front end application developers across CLEAR will use.
This role will join a team at the center of CLEARs consumer business, touching on many aspects of a members experience with the company from managing subscriptions to maintaining a members account. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the other members of the engineering team as well as multiple business stakeholders to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, & well-integrated into the CLEAR ecosystems. If you are an engineer that takes pride in their productivity while also being obsessed with the customer experience, then this is the role for you.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services & software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build or enhance backend platform services that power CLEARs user-facing applications
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, & general reliability as well as functional tests
- Implement new features & optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Understand various systems in our platform & how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Gain expertise in the greater membership ecosystem relevant to Finance, Marketing, & Member Services
- Work with stakeholders, both internal & external, to focus on what is best for the customer, both in new feature development & optimizing existing features
Who You Are:
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience building distributed backend services using Java or similar
- Experience working with Docker, bonus if worked with Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services & infrastructure using charting frameworks (Graphite, SignalFx, DataDog, ELK etc) and/or logging frameworks (SumoLogic, Splunk etc)
- Experience with event-based system design & microservice patterns
- Experience with integrating with Salesforce, Zuora, accounting software, customer service software, nice to have
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative & proactive with flawless execution
- Entrepreneurial team player with a can-do attitude who can multitask
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal & collaboration skills