Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were also a very unique & imaginative brand that isnt afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising & content in service of our mission & our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand Studio team. We drive our brands bold creative vision & uphold & evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits & inspires our employees & customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimps secret sauce.
We are looking for a Creative Director who will be an integral part of & driving force in scaling our Brand Studio into a world-class, award-winning, soup-to-nuts, in-house creative group.
What youll do here:
- Lead & scale the talented team focused on Brand Marketing campaigns, within the Brand Studio group
- Work in close partnership with the Studio Director to expand & nurture our in-house roster of creative production specialists, including photographers, videographers, motion designers & illustrators
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define marketing project strategy & translate into creative briefs
- Mentor, inspire & guide a team of talented Art Directors, Designers & Copywriters to come up with radically perceptive, inventive campaigns & activation concepts that span disciplines, deliver to the bottom line & build brand love while staying authentic to Mailchimps highly unique tone & aesthetic
- Drive delivery for large-scale creative projects from concept to execution, from pitching to overseeing the development of all assets associated with Brand Marketing campaigns (creative strategy, key art, photography, film, motion graphics, activations, non-traditional, etc.)
- Build strong relationships & become a trusted partner leading the development of stunning, on-brand, business-driving creative assets that meet each team's individual needs
- Patiently & expertly guide external agencies & vendors producing brand & marketing projects for Mailchimp
- Learn, listen & collaborate quickly in a fast-paced creative environment
- Report to & work with the Senior Director to set our creative course & ensure all work aligns with Mailchimps overall brand strategy across all mediums & audiences
- Grow our reputation in the worldspeak at large events & build an influential creative network
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You are a skilled multi-disciplinary creative leader & practitioner, with at least 8 years experience in brand/marketing/content, both in-house & agency
- Your background is in design, with broad experience including brand identity, art direction, activations/experiential, film, digital media, etc.
- Youve built award-winning campaigns & content for some of the world's biggest brands, using a combination of creative vision & business acumen
- You have a strong track record of building & leading teams, with an ability to drive accountability & top-notch delivery through motivation, mentorship & development
- You operate with rigor, cut-through & clarity of thought, influencing & persuading others with equal parts joy, humility & expertise
- You do not delegate knowledgein particular you possess a passion & curiosity for data, metrics & problem-solving to drive business & brand goals forward
- You are empathetic & generous with partners & stakeholders, willing to work with them as needed to evolve cross-functional processes
- Youre a positive & solutions-oriented collaborator who knows how to bring ideas to lifethrougha team during the creative process, as much as rolling up your sleeves & diving into the work to remove creative blockers & help design & deliver thoughtfully when needed
- Your creativity is wonderfully hard to labelyou see what most people dont, responding to complex problems with highly original solutions
- You have an impeccable eye for design & detailin a crit you have as much of a point of view on the typography as you do on the copywriting
- You geek out on the zeitgeist & keep a deep network of creators & collaborators, consistently tapping into unexpected cultural references & unique partnerships
- Your educational background is rooted in design, with deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; bonus points for additional experience in other media (motion graphics, photography, film, code, etc.)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned andhighly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historicPonce City Market, right on theBeltline. We offer our employees anexceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), andgenerous profit sharing. We hirehumble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.