The Photo Editor position is an experienced, creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, & disciplined professional. This role is an expert in evaluating & selecting images for our Offset collection featuring the work of incredible photographers from around the world. This role understands what drives success in the digital marketplace, is results driven & thrives in an innovative high-energy environment.
What the role does:
- Use insightful judgment to select the most impactful images to support & maintain the unique Offset collection aesthetic.
- Evaluate images with consideration for key attributes including composition, lighting, story narrative, unique style & production, cultural & creative trends.
- Provide actionable feedback on editing insights & trends to inform contributors about opportunities & best practices.
- Prioritize image editing & selections with consideration for our marketplace & customers.
- Operate as an authority of the Offset curatorial guidelines within the company & across our network of contributors.
- Maintain a strong interest in & understanding of our global customers & creative trends.
What the candidate brings:
- Hands-On Approach: You should be sharp, love rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty, & working alongside the team.
- Domain expertise & enthusiasm for Photography, Illustration and/or Footage experience with 3+ years of professional experience in any or all three fields.
- 2+ years of professional photo editing experience.
- Proficient at discerning images that are differentiated & offer unique & original perspectives.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, people-oriented person.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities & imminent deadlines
- Knowledge & understanding of the creative stock media licensing industry & business.
Software: Experience using media production & editing tools, including; Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Compressor, After Effects, Excel, Google Docs & file sharing protocol.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V