All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Boxed, we spend each day defining & leading an industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Beyond our B2C & B2B relationships, Boxed provides innovative technology options for businesses to access our customers, many of whom are BoxedUP subscription members. Leveraging these strengths is where the Director of Marketplace, Seller Management comes in. The Director of Marketplace, Seller Management is responsible for onboarding sellers & managing their relationship while on the Boxed marketplace platform.
- S/He will design the seller onboarding & integration processes.
- Build an organization to support the launch & growth of the marketplace.
- Work with the merchandising team to identify the right partners for the platform & drive adoption across multiple categories.
- Work with Ops to select the most efficient fulfillment options for our sellers & the best customer experience for Boxed shoppers.
- Manage the seller relationship over their life-time on the platform.
This role is focused on strategic & executional readiness & performance management developing plans with cross-functional working teams, focused on strategic capabilities, services & digital fulfillment execution across our marketplaces, from a supply chain & operations standpoint.
We are seeking an individual who are:
- Skilled at relationship management
- Entrepreneurial, nimble & scrappy thats the Boxed DNA
- Culturally additive. Our colleagues & customers value the Boxed Values.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication & influencing skills.
- Proactively solving problems & seek ways to improve processes
- Effectively translating between commercial & operational audiences.
You need to have a consumer & retail approach, understanding the connection back to the supply chain, while developing plans/strategies for digital operations across the Boxed marketplace.
What You Will Do
- Prospect & build pipelines to establish partnerships that unlock transformative experiences for our partners in a manner consistent with Boxeds growth strategy
- Leverage your deep expertise & industry knowledge to originate & manage business development opportunities at the most senior levels of partner companies
- Articulate & evangelize the value of our marketplace platform, & its evolving capabilities, to prospective partners; contextualize its application, utility & functionality; & ultimately drive conversion & adoption by organizations & operators at scale, all with a consultative approach
- Manage complex deal negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation for a strong working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Deeply understand our potential marketplace partners challenges & needs, while collaborating with Product, Programming & Engineering to inform our product roadmap in a way that drives continuous topline growth, deeper engagement & utilization, & continually improved experiences for our marketplace partners & customers
- Own the health & reputation of the Boxed marketplace; Provide continuous monitoring & maintenance of market health across all product types & FC locations
- Oversee the provider/onboarding process; design an acquisition playbook for both long-term & short-term user acquisition goals
- Create & implement engagement programs designed to maximize 3P provider utilization with a focus on maintaining a healthy contribution margin
- Have an unwavering focus on 3P provider NPS & satisfaction; Collect & analyze qualitative & quantitative data to identify common problem areas & implement solutions to deliver high levels of positive sentiment towards the platform
- Build a strong relationship with the Product team to ideate on, promote & roll out tools for improving operational efficiencies
- Work closely with the Partner Operations team to build, prepare, & maintain an adequate, specialized provider base capable of meeting both internal & external standards of operation
- Confidently reassess priorities as demand fluctuates & comfortably operate in a fast-paced environment
- Provide immediate & consistent feedback to leadership team regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Demonstrate leadership qualities consistent with Boxed management values & mission
Who You Are
- 12+ years experience inc. marketplace, product management, business development. strong knowledge of operations, ideally with a focus on innovation & growth at a market-leading product organization.
- Experience negotiating complex deals with savvy counterparties to create mutual value
- Dexterity interfacing with a complex array of stakeholders at partner companies, across functions including executives, product, technology, privacy, security, marketing & finance
- Track record of success in a platform-oriented organization, demonstrated through specific metrics & performance numbers especially topline & bottom line growth
- Experienced using data to identify opportunities & improve team performance
- Self-starter who is focused on execution, exceeding expectations, & building authentic relationships in order to consistently overachieve, no matter your task
- Youre mission-centric & motivated by performance metrics & KPIs
- Capable of a lockstep vision with your peers of Boxeds potential to disrupt this space
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!