The Rubicon Project is growing our QA team in Somerset, New Jersey & we are looking for Mid-level to Senior Engineer who moves fast, is capable of breaking down & solving complex problems, & has a strong will to get things done. Our QA team at the Rubicon Project works on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end & influences the direction of our technology.
At the Rubicon Project an SDET can expect to design flexible & scalable solutions, & work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, & object oriented programming. Coming to the Rubicon Project gives you the opportunity to work on multiple development teams in one of our many organizations.
The mission of the Quality Assurance team is to create technology frameworks, implement quality best practices processes, & develop tools to ensure we deliver optimal end user experience for our products. QA facilitates quality & transparency into Rubicon's software processes & products & helps validate business use cases & functionality with high confidence.
At the Rubicon Project, we encourage out of the box thinking to create an environment that promotes innovative products.
With the stability & support of a large organization & the flexibility of a start up, there is a unique opportunity for individuals to develop solutions from ground up that contributes directly to the success of the company. We have a world class Quality Assurance team with passionate, talented, & driven QA engineers & SDETs that influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers globally.
What you will be doing:
- Design test strategies by analyzing & dissecting complex heavily integrated software systems.
- Implement & develop automated tests to execute test strategies in a repeatable fashion.
- Work collaboratively with fellow SDETs to provide thorough testing coverage of business-critical software.
- Contribute to the automation framework & associated test cases.
- Document & communicate issues, risks & concerns.
- Manage & produce on-time delivery of multiple small projects or one large project over many months.
- Works closely with business stakeholders & external customers to ensure critical issues are addressed.
- Leads test plan/cases review for large-scale integration projects & post mortem assessments of projects.
- Provide guidance to the team on automation strategy.
- Collaborate closely with product, project & development teams to identify & resolve technical, business, & process related issues.
- Conduct research & create Proof of Concepts on new testing technologies/tools/concepts
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
What we look for:
- 2-5+ years of QA & Automation experience.
- 1+ years of leading/mentoring of automation strategies.
- Experience with Python & SQL is a must & basic familiarity with C++ or Java is preferred as well.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience working with high volume end user facing systems.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong understanding of backend & service testing.
- Strong experience with Linux.
- Experience with Performance testing & benchmarking.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on writing detailed oriented documents.
Pluses to have:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience with the Ad Tech industry.
- Familiarity with clustered computing, distributed & parallel computing concepts.
What's in it for you:
- Take time for yourself: Take what you need -- our vacation days are unlimited & we close down the week of 4th of July & last 10 days of the year that is paid for as well.
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of medical, dental & vision plans to cover you & your loved ones at a very low cost
- Enjoy your stay: We want to make it easy for you. Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen