Director & Senior Director of Biochemistry (ProteoVant Therapeutics)
Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology. Roivant recently created a new Vant in Protein Degradation, ProteoVant Therapeutics, through the acquisition of a leading protein degradation company, the investment of its own capital & $200 million of outside capital, as well as the creation of an experienced management team to build ProteoVant into a leading, independent protein degrader company.
ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery & development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We recently acquired numerous novel, protein degrader programs that are in discovery & preclinical development through our acquisition of Oncopia Therapeutics, a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021. The company recently secured $200M in funding from SK Holdings in addition to investment from Roivant Sciences.
In addition to ProteoVants preclinical & discovery protein degrader programs & its deep relationship with the lab of Dr. Shaomeng Wang at the University of Michigan, Proteovant is enhancing its drug discovery engine to accelerate development by combining deep drugging expertise with innovative technology platforms including VantAI (Roivants AI platform) & Silicon Therapeutics (Roivants physics-driven drug design platform).
Our current therapeutic focus includes oncology, immunology, & CNS, with planned expansion into additional therapeutic areas in the near future. ProteoVant is rapidly expanding its discovery & development teams in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, DMPK, bioinformatics, toxicology & CMC at many levels. Our R&D organization is primarily located close to major pharmaceutical companies in the Philadelphia area where we are building state-of-the-art labs & office space. We also maintain offices in New York City, with remote work a possibility for certain positions. Please send your resumes or inquiries to email@example.com.
For additional information on ProteoVant please see our one-page overview here
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Clinical R&D & Chief Scientific Officer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop biochemical & biophysical assays for protein degradation programs
- Supervise bench biochemists in internal labs & at CROs
- Work closely with cell biologists, chemists & other functional representatives on cross functional drug discovery teams
- Participate or lead a cross functional team in building a novel platform for protein degradation via PROITACs & molecular glues
- Interpret, summarize, & present research findings at internal & external scientific meetings
- Lead target assessment from external sources: academia & external collaborators
- Ph.D. in biochemistry or biophysics with relevant post-doctoral experience
- 10+ or 12+ years of drug discovery experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical companies with demonstrated success in small molecule drug discovery
- Experience in developing biochemical & biophysical assays is required
- Assay development expertise in protein-degradation related biophysical assays is desired
- Knowledge in small molecule protein degradation via proteosome system & deep understanding in the biochemical process, especially protein dynamics of UPS is desired
- Experience in conducting biochemistry assays and supervising internal and CRO biochemists is desired
- Strong problem-solving ability in a science-driven organization is a plus
- Strong strategic scientific & technical leadership in the design, execution, analysis, & interpretation of data to drive programs & elucidate mechanism of action.
- Ability to critically analyze & interpret data, & effectively document & communicate results & recommend next steps
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal & written communication skills