Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, & adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors & phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices & products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things & AR/VR.
Whether youre watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking todays forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location & maps within those apps. Were changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The FP&A team acts as trusted adviser to the business, partnering on key investment opportunities, product roadmaps, planning, budgeting & forecasting. The FP&A team is a highly visible team that helps plan & evaluate Mapbox's financial performance against company goals. We aim to deliver timely, complete & accurate financial information, & insights to help drive impactful business decisions.
What Youll Do
The Finance Director will lead a team of professionals & will have direct ownership of all centralized corporate FP&A processes including the annual budgeting & monthly forecasting processes. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will interact heavily with the Senior Leadership team to plan the business & allocate budget & resources to the company's strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for key financial & KPI reporting & monthly business reviews, & Board presentations. You will play a critical role in helping Mapbox become a public company ready. You should have the desire & ability to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment, & partner with critical stakeholders across the Finance, Accounting, Sales, Engineering, & Leadership team.
- Gather, consolidate, & analyze operating & financial results for the three financial statements, including preparing internal & external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, & explaining forecast vs. actual variances.
- Prepare Board & executive team materials for the C-suite, analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current & future business risk, & communicating key messages
- Develop guidance materials & supplementary earnings content to support the earning calls & analyst call-backs
- Lead all financial planning & forecasting, including the development of annual operating budgets & multi-year plans
- Drive high-impact strategic & operational initiatives, deliver business analytics & insights, & facilitate the growth of our financial & business planning processes to support an increasingly complex ecosystem
- Ownership of non-financial reporting, including company dashboards & KPI trend analysis
- Own & improve current systems & processes to increase productivity & accuracy of the FP&A team
- Develops the finance professionals on the team & attracts new talent to create a world-class finance team
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years of FP&A experience, with at least 3 years in Corporate FP&A including experience within a public company environment
- Demonstrated strategic thinking & ability to solving ambiguous problems
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to translate financial analytics into clear & insightful recommendations, & to tell the story beyond the numbers
- Ability to attract, develop & retain the best finance professional talent
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Self starter, deal with ambiguity & move quickly in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Ability to partner with the business leaders; earn their trust & guide the business to right strategic investments
- Quickly understand & adopt key fundamentals of a Cloud based service business model
- Willing to go deep & get their hands dirty while solving for complex & interrelated business problems
- Management experience of leading large teams with full P&L responsibilities; MBA preferred
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position & are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems & opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, & innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching & learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function & the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team & encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, & sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name & contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Fema