Were looking for a Producer/Editor to join the NowThis Kids team within Group Nine Media. Youll be based in our New York City office & report to the teams Supervising Producer. The Producer/Editor is a key contributor & strong collaborator who works closely with the Editorial team to create engaging stories that highlight inspirational stories about kids & adults putting kindness into action; whats trending in key topics like equality, climate change, body positivity & translates them to resonate with NowThis kidss digital audiences (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram). This person is nimble & welcomes the continuing evolution of our digital media industry; they are a curious & creative self-starter who is highly organized with a video production background & a strong portfolio to prove their creative chops. This is a staff position.
The Producer/Editor will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together. NowThis is looking for an Producer/Editor to join its growing NowThis Kids team.
A TYPICAL WEEK LOOKS LIKE:
- Pitch, develop, write, & video edit a high volume of content that is consistent with NowThis Kidss editorial voice & tone
- Maintain the highest degree of accuracy & quality in all published content
- Source & clear footage for all stories via legal clearances & signed releases from interviewees, locations, material licensors
- Select appropriate music & report appropriate music usage
- Update internal database to reflect the pipeline of work in progress
- Manage priorities & workload effectively to meet all schedules, deadlines, & deliverables
- Continuously build on production skills & grow creatively, & taking charge of projects where needed
- Archive & organize projects to NowThis quality & technical standards
- Perform other duties as required
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Demonstrate the ability to be a strong, flexible, & collaborative team player who takes initiative to drive projects forward & meet deadlines & deliverables
- Being a solutions-focused team member who is constantly looking for ways to elevate NowThis Kids content & the brand as a whole
- Ability to identify heartwarming & inspirational stories of human triumph & edit them down into bite sized pieces of content using appropriate voice & language for NowThis wide audience.
THE NEXT GREAT KIDS, PRODUCER/EDITOR WILL HAVE:
- 3+ years professional experience
- A passion for video production & journalism
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- A solid track record of writing & editing high-quality & accurate digital video content
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines & best practices
- Enthusiasm & excitement for the NowThis brand
- An excellent communicator & collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail & is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging & relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis entertaining, inspiring & informative videos are created for a mobile generation & receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.