The Machine Learning (ML) team supports production-facing customer experiences & solutions including search engines, style & template recommendations, dynamic content generation, phishing & fraud detection & more. This is a tech lead position. ML Platform builds tools from the ground up to automate data-intensive workflows, enhance telemetry & reproducibility of our modeling ecosystem & provide top-class developer tools for ML engineering peers. This is a hands-on technical leadership position where you will have support & autonomy to make architectural decisions & develop your vision of a foundational ML modeling platform.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead design & implementation for ML telemetry, experiment tracking & feature store systems
- Take ownership of complex production systems with a focus on microservice delivery, continuous integration & automating ML workloads
- Partner with data platform & operation teams to solve complex data ingestion, pipeline & governance problems for ML systems
- Provide technical mentorship, guidance & quality-focused code review to ML platform engineers
- Lead roadmap & architectural planning efforts for the future of ML platforms & represent ML infrastructure to engineering leaders across the company
- 6+ years of software engineering experience focusing on tools for machine learning infrastructure
- Detailed experience with production-facing web service delivery & related engineering concerns such as containerization, observability, logging & continuous integration
- Expertise in ML telemetry, feature stores, experiment tracking & infrastructure patterns & tools
- Experience creating cross-team agreement on engineering solutions & architecture decisions
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with specific ML-focused platform tools such as MLflow & MLeap, cloud tools such as Dataproc & Sagemaker, or vendor tools such as Weights & Biases & Databricks
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.