We are looking to hire a new Partnerships team member, either at the Associate Principal or Principal level, which is why you will see both positions posted. Note that the interview process is identical for both positions & will help us define the right seniority level for you.
As a Partnerships Associate Principal or Principal, youll be at the cutting edge of how were building our business in the UK. Your role will be to take full ownership of an area & develop a pipeline of opportunities for Via to deploy our technology into. Key stakeholders will be the buyers & operators of transportation - local authorities, private operators, private corporations - anyone who you feel could benefit from Vias technology as a way of creating more compelling, efficient, & sustainable transportation. You will secure engagement with each key stakeholder & successfully make the case for how Vias broad technology stack could work in their particular context & meet their specific challenges. You will be responsible for the full business development cycle from opportunity identification to contracting. Through this process youll become an expert on the Via platform & will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product & operational improvements.
What You'll Do
- Build & manage a robust pipeline of business development opportunities in your region with a focus on public & private sector transport buyers & operators
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, & impact for clients
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position & present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Strategically navigate the buying & renewal processes; communicate tactfully & persuasively with stakeholders & budget decision makers
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, & Product to drive operational & product improvements
- Be the face of Via in your region, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press & advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, & pricing trends -- & succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that were always one step ahead
Who You Are
Were not necessarily looking for someone with extensive experience in transport/mobility, but you do need to be passionate about the sector. Specifically:
- You have a proven track record either in sales or consulting. If sales, we are looking for people that can match our solutions to a problem & build long-term relationships that will get an opportunity over the line often long after it was first identified. Nothing we do is off the shelf sales. If consulting, we are looking for people that are very comfortable getting out there & really creating the business rather than expecting it to come to you
- You possess strong expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, & developing relationships with senior level officials & executives - preferably within the public sector
- An excellent written & verbal communicator; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone & communicate clearly & persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition & exceptional judgement; you know when to push & when to yield in maximising the value of a potential deal
- Detail-oriented & thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organised & independent; youre both an individual contributor & a team player
What Catches Our Eye
- MBA or other advanced degree
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities & most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, & everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimises reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transport authorities, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.