Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, & others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings & the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, & cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your & your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve & communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, & vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, & one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the Role
We are seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to help drive demand in our international markets! As a BDR you will be the first point of contact for many of our prospects, responsible for driving curiosity & interest. You will help qualify prospects & uncover sales opportunities. This is an unbelievable opportunity for someone interested in launching a sales career in the B2B Tech & Cyber Security space.
We're looking for people who are excited to own their "business" (within your respective territory). If you're keen on discovering the perfect buyer, crafting messaging that gets attention, & making connections between people, then this is the perfect role for you. Although it's not always the case, ideally this role will prepare you to become a full-cycle Salesperson (i.e. a closer).
As a Business Development Associate, youll enjoy the benefits of ongoing training, mentorship, career/life coaching, & guidance. It is a great way to jumpstart a career in cybersecurity/SaaS sales & the skills you develop are applicable across any number of disciplines
Our Ideal Candidate - does this sound like you?
This role is focused on sourcing our next sales opportunity. As such, you will be speaking with a lot of people, over the phone, email, or social media (LinkedIn). Our ideal candidate has a knack for recognizing patterns & applying those ideas to broader scenarios. For example, uncovering ideal prospects to reach out to based on Buyer Persona training. When the ideal candidate talks with people (phone or email) they are drawn in & curious to learn more. If this sounds like your greatest nightmare, then this is probably not the role to grow your career.
- Book Meetings
- Qualify Inbounds
- Lead Gen. Outbound / Pipe generation
- Evangelize the product
- Keep Database Clean
- Crush phone & email activity
- Work with Marketing & Channel on projects
- Go to events
- Master your tools (softwares)
- Research prospective organizations that can benefit from Security Scorecards cloud based software solutions
- Identify decision-makers in those organizations
- 1-2 years of experience in sales development, lead generation, or business development in B2B/SaaS environments
- Track record of consistent & effective sales development performance
- History of creative, persistent, & effective outbound sales lead follow-up messaging
- Excellent communication, discovery, & presentation skills to connect with & persuade senior level decision makers
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, & multitasking ability
- Proficiency & experience using Salesforce.com, Outreach, & LinkedIn
- Must be a self-starter, be comfortable with limited supervision, & have solid problem-solving skills
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy & extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, & improvement
- Works with urgency
- Positive, warm, & inviting attitude with a no challenge is too great mentality
SecurityScorecard values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.