Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We're looking for an Engineer to join our Security team with experience building governance, compliance, & privacy programs. Through collaboration with legal, internal audit, & technical teams, youll help guide DigitalOcean on how best to engage on security & privacy issues with our customers.
You'll report to the Manager of Trust & Governance, but you will need to act independently & consult with teams across the organization. As an Engineer youll be responsible for working with multiple stakeholders to identify, prioritize & implement technical changes to help improve our privacy & security programs. Youll have direct interaction in refining security policies, managing vendor risk, enhancing our customer trust, & implementing privacy program requirements on one of the largest global public cloud environments.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Build & implement DigitalOceans security trust, governance, privacy, & compliance functions.
- Formalize DigitalOceans stance on privacy & compliance topics as it relates to our customer-base, the kinds of information we collect, & where that information may potentially be shared through the course of business.
- Manage communications & awareness campaigns for security & privacy topics to keep DigitalOcean employees & customers up to date with the latest developments.
- Support annual compliance recertifications (Privacy Shield, ISO) & implement additional compliance offerings to provide further value DigitalOcean customers (CSA, SOC II Report)
- Engage prospective customers on their security-related questions & queries. Work with customer account managers to bring security a selling point for DigitalOcean.
- Document DigitalOcean security policies, controls, & security risk management.
What Well Expect From You:
- Comfort with a wide range of compliance & privacy regimes, & how they affect technology, hosting, & cloud companies.
- Demonstrated people management ability, for achieving cross-functional outcomes.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, virtualized environments, continuous integration & delivery environments, & software engineering practices.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating & coordinating with legal, internal audit, engineering, & infrastructure teams.
- A habit of approaching new problems with creativity & being comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ability to perform some level of data analysis using MySql
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Security team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!