Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Visa Loyalty & Benefits Tech
Visa Loyalty & Benefits organization is assigned with a critical task: Engage every consumer to prefer Visa card over any other payment method for every transaction. This challenge is particularly hard as it needs to apply to customers in different countries, through various experience & to provide a true value to the clients. This is especially hard as this is a highly competitive market.
And that's why we like it...
Our groupis devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here's a sample of what we've been working on:
Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants
Leveraging Visa data to power our technology & ensure that we're serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers
Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, & Whole Foods Market.
Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions & data analytics to fuel business growth & strengthen customer relationships.
The Chief Software Architect position in Visa's Loyalty & Benefits Tech team is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, & hands-on development role that contributes to Visa's success through expertise in large-scale distributed system. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design & create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software system architecture & design, development process & best practices, distributed computing, & high availability.
Your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral & written forms, & solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
If you'll join the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Helping define the vision of our next generation platform architecture.
- Leading & driving cross-team & platform-level initiatives & projects.
- Discovering opportunities in integrated/converged platforms, systems & resources, & lead to realize it.
- Collaboratingin design & implementation of our next-generation service-oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
- Designing & implement features evolving our online advertising product offerings.
- Scalingup & tune our ad serving pipeline for better performance, reliability, & throughput. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, extremely low latency requirement, & computational efficiency.
- Troubleshooting critical production issues & provide technical insights.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability & availability, optimization, etc.
- Extensive experience with technical leadership, defining visions/solutions & collaborating/driving to see them to completion.
- Strong analytical problem solving & decision-making skills.
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/PhD preferred.
- Experience with Java or C++ is a must.
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring & measuring.
- Solid understanding & working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, & scaling techniques.
- Knowledge in big data & cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Experience with related open source technologies such as Tomcat, Zookeeper, Kafka, Netty, RocksDB, etc. is a plus.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
Conduct requirements gathering with business & developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform & security standards
Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
Identify opportunities for & contribute to improvements in standards, & processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
Working with on-shore & off-shore vendors, internal staff, & system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality & timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively & proactively with stakeholders & articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours & couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This positionrequiresthe incumbent to travel for work0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.