KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Principal Electrical Design Architect
Exciting & important opportunity for the right person to join Katerras Advanced Building Systems engineering & product development team as a Senior Electrical Design Architect. This is a hands-on, highly visible opportunity in a rapidly growing & evolving company with lots of room to grow! We are seeking a person with at least 10 years demonstrated experience architecting, designing, prototyping, & supporting the product validation & manufacturing of complex ARM-based controllers, lower-performance embedded devices, wireless connectivity & devices. These products form & important part of many of our initiatives, including our Advanced Building Systems solutions, Katerras own consumer facing products & our internal global IoT network. Katerra is breaking new ground & revolutionizing the building & construction industry with innovative products & processes. Come see what we are up to & help us build the next great company of our time!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Specify, design, innovate, & execute designs of a wide-range of complex microprocessor-controlled devices using ARM, embedded & other microprocessor technologies
- Hands on execution of system architecture, including silicon evaluation, design & configuration, detailed product design, embedded SW/FW integration, antenna placement, & others
- Research, recommend & select components for various subsystems, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, RF, memory, batteries, power, sensor & others
- Evaluate, review & critique PCB designs from internal & external resources
- Prototype, test & debug designs as they progress through the design phases
- Global collaboration with internal teams, including systems engineering, architecture, product planners, developers, product assurance, quality, & manufacturing organizations to successfully move products thru the development cycle & into the market.
- Architect manufacturing tests for the designs, including BFT, RF, integrity & others as required
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience
- BSEE/MSEE/CS or equivalent
- Advanced degree, specialized training, or additional experience in LED lighting, wireless communications technologies, & IoT systems given special consideration.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Primarily performed in a basic corporate office & lab environment.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms & hands, climb or balance, & to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
- Occasionally be required to travel & work in customer or 3rd party lab environments interfacing with sophisticated test equipment
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, & equipment
- Ability to handle moderate noise level in the work environment
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.