Open Road Integrated Media is looking to expand our content team with a business-minded Editor, who is data-driven, energetic, creative, resourceful, & focused on growth around content. This role will report to the Executive Director, Content Strategy & collaborate with other members of the content team on executing a content & revenue strategy.
The job will entail strategically planning & executing a content schedule for a book website, managing partnerships & sponsored content; planning a newsletter & social schedule; marketing products to our audiences; & analyzing data to accomplish these tasks. The Editor will play an integral role in driving traffic & revenue growth, as well as customer acquisition & engagement.
- Develop a content strategy around traffic growth, customer acquisition, & SEO best practices for a book focused website.
- Maintain the voice of the website, working with in-house editors & freelance writers.
- Edit & produce content in conjunction with interns & production manager.
- Provide editorial support across network of sites, editing content or contributing stories as necessary.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, & quarterly reporting on revenue buckets for content website, including affiliate, product sales, & programmatic advertising.
- Work with existing partners & create new partnerships for customer acquisition & traffic growth.
- Oversee SEO strategy for website & maintain responsibility for any updates & fixes to SEO problems.
- Communicate with product & tech teams on website updates & fixes.
- Work with audience development manager to conceptualize & execute sponsored campaigns for clients.
- Plan & execute a content & product newsletter strategy.
- Work closely with the team responsible for product strategy.
Who you are:
- 2 - 3 years experience in an editorial or content marketing role.
- Growth-mindset: Someone who can put the right content & products in front of the right audience for increased engagement & revenue.
- Data-driven: Ability to interpret data, analyze results, & formulate conclusions
- An individual who can move quickly with ideas, continuing to test & iterate to drive results.
- Possess an energetic, outgoing, can-do attitude.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field.