Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women
What Youll Do:
As Executive Assistant, you will serve as critical support to our Chief People Officer & Chief Technology Officer, providing administrative support in all day to day needs. You will be expected to manage their calendars, keep them organized, informed, & on time. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to interface with a diverse group of important executives internally & externally, acting as a key representative of the RTR brand.
You are the right fit for this position if you are incredibly organized, passionate about Rent the Runway, proactive & scrappy. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast paced environment, juggle lots of projects & deadlines at once, & have a proven track record of excellence in a similar work environment.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief People Officer & Chief Technology Officer, managing all aspects of their calendar & schedule including: phone & video calls, appointments, meetings, interviews, travel, transportation, etc.
- Act as a liaison with key business partners, including high-level executives & business leaders, board members, high profile candidates, vendors, etc.
- Learn & contextualize business priorities & act accordingly, using best judgement as to which meetings & interviews need to be prioritized, which meetings cannot be moved, etc. always approaching scheduling conflicts with a can-do approach
- Support communication, organization & general business needs, creating, editing, & maintaining documents, folders, & filing systems; create organizational systems as necessary
- Develop & distribute presentations/materials for meetings as needed
- Own special projects related to the People Team or Technology Team as directed by the CPO or CTO
- Handle business expenses, including reconciling corporate card accounts & creating/ submitting expense reports
- Bachelors degree & 7+ years of prior administrative experience supporting c-level executives
- Relevant work experience in a startup, ecommerce and/or technology based company preferred, or company with similar pace & structure
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive & confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact & diplomacy
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment & demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long & short term projects, etc.
- Must be able to interact & communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing & proofing materials, establishing priorities & meeting deadlines
- Must be forward thinking & constantly one step ahead
- Must be able to appropriately handle confidential information & use best judgment for sharing information
- Proficiency in corporate Gmail & Google Docs preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need