Senior Software Engineer, Consumer Engineering, Acquisition (MarTech)
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Recognising Irelands significant technology talent, RTR established our European Technology Hub in Galway in April 2019. Based in the historic Claddagh area of the city, our growing team is tackling core technology challenges & influencing the next generation of services critical to RTRs success & continued growth.
Our first international office outside the US enables our company to significantly expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, Machine Learning Engineering & Data Science footprint, & RTRs Galway-based employees have the opportunity to grow their careers across several roles in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, & work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
The Marketing Technology team is a new team that sits within the Consumer Engineering team. We will work closely with the acquisition & the marketing teams to deliver campaigns effectively, at scale, & integrate the right tools to build a best-in-class marketing engine.
About the Job:
Our Senior Software engineers use a service-oriented architecture to power our internal mobile app, website, warehouse operations technologies, & other applications. In this role, you will work on both new product features & technical enhancements as we believe in building for the future to enable performance & scaling.
What Youll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, testing & deployment of consumer microservices.
- Find architectural & internal design improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic.
- Drive technical projects to success & provide mentorship in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Develop clean, testable, scalable systems using a variety of technologies & languages including Java, Kotlin, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, & RabbitMQ
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, & Design.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- You are comfortable working with various architectural patterns & understand when best to apply them.
- You have a strong command of algorithms, data structures, & best practices.
- You have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration & ingenuity.
- Youre able to understand, diagnose, & effectively articulate technical challenges & solutions.
- Youre able to handle ambiguous problems & make the tradeoffs without compromising quality.
- Experience with Ruby & Rails a plus.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, & have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care & dependents care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, & membership of the Traveller community.