Founded in 2010, CLEARs mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 10+ million members & hundreds of partners across the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, & more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, & we never sell member data.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric software development leader. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a Platform domain in design, development, test, & deployment of these services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management & great communication skills & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, & flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
Do you geek out on performance tuning, scaling microservice-based backend systems or further enhancing your knowledge in areas like distributed systems & fault tolerance? Then we are looking for you - a driven leader that wants to help take our platform to the next level.
What You Will Do:
- Leading teams of developers responsible for building new software & supporting existing products.
- Spearhead tech spikes & cross-functional platform evaluations.
- Explore new technologies & digital trends to identify new & emerging opportunities.
- Work with product owners across 1 or more domains to identify capacity needs & risks.
- Oversee the design, architecture, code review, & testing of key applications.
- Work with tech leads & developers to find creative & innovative approaches to complex problems while contributing to the design of scalable & cost-optimized solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the engineering space to define the technology objective & explore solution possibilities.
- Define the relevant key-technologies & architecture in alignment with broader company initiatives.
- Help establish the technical, architectural & operational excellence mindset for your team & others
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture & design
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing cross-functional teams to deliver products & projects on tight deadlines in an agile environment
- 2+ years experience with cloud technologies
- Drives Operational Excellence of a consumer facing software solution
- Data driven decision maker with a high focus on continuous improvement
- Experience with working in a global team setup & multi team collaboration environment
- Experience with highly scalable, highly available systems & services
- Experience in leading new technology adoption & establishing well designed architectures
- Customer service experience in the digital space is a plus