Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Science Vs, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
Gimlet Projects is the division of Gimlet Media that works with Spotify to develop & create new original series. We are a highly collaborative group of producers, sound engineers, editors, & composers who work with creative stakeholders across Spotify & Gimlet.
Were looking for a creative, self-motivated producer who is excited about working closely & collaboratively in a team environment. This person takes pride in their work, is a great communicator, & has incredible attention to detail. They have a problem-solving attitude & take initiative to proactively anticipate the needs of projects & their fellow teammates.
Were looking for someone with a background in audio production or show production, who can give & receive constructive feedback, pitch great ideas without getting too attached to them & is a team player. This is someone who is comfortable working on a wide variety of shows - from narrative documentary to talent-driven interviews to experimental formats - & has the ability to switch between show formats with agility & enthusiasm.
What Youll Do
- Brainstorm, develop, launch & produce pilots & original audio series for Gimlet Projects/Spotify Studios
- Work closely with project-based production teams - including team producers, story editors, sound engineers, & show hosts
- Plan studio recordings, & possible field producing & reporting trips in collaboration with production team
- Find, pre-interview, & book guests, arrange for studio recordings & tape syncs
- Help manage relationships with show hosts, & recordings
- Write scripts, cut tape, assemble episodes in Protools & help to score episodes
- Participate in mix edits
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of experience producing audio for radio or podcasts
- Demonstrated ability to pitch & execute ambitious ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to stay organized & effectively prioritize responsibilities
- Proficiency in field recording
- Proficiency in creating assemblies in ProTools
- An eye for detail & self-direction
- Interest & aptitude for growth as a team leader
What To Submit
- A resume
- A cover letter
- A work sample that youre proud of. Please include an explanation of what role you played in the production process & why you chose this sample.
Please apply by EOD Monday 12/9/19.
This is a full-time role, based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
This is a union role with the Writers Guild of America, East.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.