At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Here at Lyft, Data is the only way we make decisions. It is the core of our business, helping us create a transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into our product launch & features' effectiveness.
Also, Data is at the heart of the mapping platform at Lyft. We collect & process thousands of terabytes of data from various sources & use it to generate real-time traffic estimations, make correct & efficient routing decisions, & determine better pickup & drop-off locations for our passengers. Making this data accessible & useful to everyone at Lyft requires tackling data infrastructure, data engineering, & computing challenges. And now we are looking for experienced data engineers to join us!
- Assemble & manage large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional & functional business requirements
- Design & evolve data models & data schema based on business & engineering needs
- Build & support ETL pipelines using tools like Hive, Airflow, Flyte, & SQL technologies
- Implement systems to track data quality & consistency
- Build analytical tools that provide insight into key performance metrics across Mapping & Lyft
- Work with stakeholders across science, engineering, data infrastructure, product, & our leadership, driving resolving data-related technical problems
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, ideally with a focus on Data Engineering/Architecture
- Ability to work with complex production-quality software
- Technical expertise in data infrastructure, cloud computing, storage systems, & distributed computing frameworks in multi-petabyte scale systems
- Knowledge of modern data/computing infrastructure & frameworks.
Today we use S3, DynamoDB, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Spark, Flyte, Stackdriver, & SageMaker. We do not expect you to know them all but would like for you to be familiar with some
- Openness to new or different ideas, & the ability to evaluate multiple approaches & choose the best one based on fundamental qualities & supporting data
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems working along our cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate in English fluently in various forms e.g technical document, meetings, presentations