We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Housekeeping at Vacasa
We take pride in our work, knowing our tireless efforts provide peace of mind. Were the vacation heroesgiving guests a spotless first impression & setting the tone for an unforgettable experience. With us, youre more than just a housekeeper, youre a keeper of the house.
What were looking for
Were searching for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Department Manager - Housekeeping. This person will manage a large team of housekeepers & partner with the local management team.
What youll do
- Oversee a large team of housekeepers in Rockaway Beach
- Traveling between worksites is involved & this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Hire, retain & manage a team of efficient & high-quality housekeepers, ensuring all are trained, effective, & adhere to Vacasa policies & procedures
- Manage a budget, adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
- Support your team with escalated guest & homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls & work orders
- Partner & assist your Business Development Representative when new units join the portfolio
- Conduct and/or schedule inspections prior to guest & owner arrivals
- Establish & maintain collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members & upper management team
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager & Co-Manager(s) when necessary
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping & maintenance duties
Skills youll need
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets & mobile devices
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings & evenings as needed.
- Experience managing a team of employees
- Knowledge of city, state & federal employment laws
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls & texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently & cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive & reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stand, sit, & walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead & below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, & lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, & twist
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days & holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.