Who are we?
Do you want to redefine the way travelers explore the world? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a senior product manager!
Booking.com is the worlds leading accommodationwebsite,but boasts a small, start-up feel. Our vision is to provide the best accommodations at the best prices for all our travelers, no matter what their travel purpose or budget may be. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 855,000+ accommodations worldwide, our mission is to make travel,experienceand exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for product owners to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis & take our product to the next level.
Who are you?
Be the voice of the customer & the driving force behind product innovation from in-depth product understanding & feature development through to experimentation.
- You are a smart, hands-on & creative people manager with natural leadership skills,with 5 - 7+ years of experience. You are an entrepreneur & self-motivating.
- User-focusedindividual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Passionate about product development & constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isnt afraid to get their hands dirty & dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving.
- Self-motivated & results-driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Agile & innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- You are very hands-on & a jack of all trades: 50% marketing 50% technology 50% analytics & 50% experimentation. That is indeed 200% in total!
What will you do?
- Most of all you are responsible for all customer-facing product development of Booking.com across multiple devices & channels & you will always push people to improve the user journey while making sure it is consistent.
- You will be responsible for the product roadmap & you make sure it is aligned with business objectives. Together with your ProductOwnersyou translate the product roadmap to goals for the individual teams. You will do this both for web & mobile.
- You need to drive & lead the product direction while supervising your team
- You will orchestrate & be ultimately responsible for projects & products within your own track, & be able to define track core KPI(s).
- You use both quantitative & qualitative research to improve the product.
- You will report directly to the Director of Product
- You will contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 6+ years of Product Experience with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites.
- Experience with managing & coachingteamsof product managers/product owners
- Strong technical understanding
- Experience with leading product departments ( visionand KPIs/objectives setting, ideation & implementation process, team alignment with business goals)
- Experience with guiding the creation process of native apps, mobile solutions & 1 social channel
- You are very experienced with experimentation using, for example, A/B-testing focused on improving conversion & retention.
- Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers)
Whats in it for you?
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you & your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working & living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement & lucrative compensation, including bonuses & stock potential.
- Training, regularhackathons & opportunities to travel & attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the Booking Deal including other perks & benefits.
- Company sponsored family & social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other & Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.