WHO ARE WE?
The payments squad builds the systems that manage invoicing, revenue recognition, & dunning, enabling other squads to move fast & iterate. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running & we impact every subscription line. More importantly, we make dogs happy & have a ridiculously fun time doing it. We work collaboratively (no such thing as too many questions) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Senior software engineers at BARK own the design & implementation of new features. They also improve our current codebase. Engineers on our team are enthusiastic about optimizing large scale operations, as well as building intuitive, friendly interfaces. The ideal person gets a thrill from applying creative problem solving, while balancing ambitious timelines with technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team. & are excited to collaborate & mentor. Plus, you love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country!
If you can give a pup belly scratches until the sun comes up, or love the sound of squeaky toys as your background noise, come join us!
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces & build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable & reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy (and your coworkers too).
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- You have 3-5 years of full-stack web-development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working with payment systems a plus.
- You have delivered & maintained production software in a team environment.
- You can design data models & optimize queries.
- You write tests early & often & enjoy working in a CI/CD environment.
- You care about delivering a good customer experience & align your code to that.
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand & build on an existing codebase.
- You value your own time & others & find solutions to optimize it.
- Must love dogs. Love of dirds preferred, but not required.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but working fully remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish!
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.