Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Visa's Corporate IT organization is made up of several teams that all work towards the same goal; To build, operate, & maintain the IT systems & infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected & collaborative workforce that helps power Visa's business. With our mission in mind, we work to ensure the world is connected through the most advanced & innovative digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
We prioritize delightful user experiences. We do not take orders; rather, we build deep partnerships with our business partners & champion proactive new ways technology can advance our business into the future.
The Business Analyst role resides on the CIT Business Operations team & directly supports Visa's Chief Information Officer (CIO). The team is responsible for ensuring that Corporate ITs business functions & projects are planned, managed, executed, & governed in a consistent, transparent, & disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced business management professional with the ability to seamlessly flex between the strategic & the tactical. This role requires driving project & portfolio management, executing strategic initiative program management, & executive reporting activities. The team is focused on improving efficiencies, transparency, consistency & collaboration within the CIT organization & other key cross-functional stakeholders. Must have high level of energy & flexibility to get things done & thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, & often time ambiguous environment. This position interacts with a wide range of stakeholders both within CIT & also with cross-functional teams, including project managers, Finance, HR, as well as senior leadership.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in managing technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder process improvement initiatives
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills with an attention to detail. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels, capable of summarizing & communicating key financial information & business strategy at an executive level
- Ability to work independently with strong time management & ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Strong process orientation & a solid understanding of project management, methodologies, & best practices
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certification a plus
- Experience in the Payments and/or Technology industry a plus
- Guide CIT through processes that help them come to solutions & make decisions.
- As a change agent, discover opportunities for process improvements, pilot & then drive on a larger scale
- Implement Visa Program Management Methodology (PMM) required project gates & artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools & processes with an agile mindset
- Provide oversight & coordination of processes to ensure financial objectives are met, including month end close, & reporting requriements.
- Build processes that meet CITs business objectives & ensure compliance & completeness
- Assist with Executive reporting, dashboards, & operational Technology metrics focusing on continuous improvement & evolution to maximize decision making & executive visibility.
- Develop KPIs, dashboards, & other program health tracking mechanisms to provide visibility to key stakeholders on large scale programs. This will include working with key stakeholders to define key performance measures, driving program analytics, & supporting broader program management efforts.
- Program management of multiple, cross functional, global development projects to support CITs goal of reducing technical debit.
- Comprehensive, day-to-day business management functions to support the Chief Information Officer (CIO) Office are also required.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
- This position requires the incumbent to work during core business hours