At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the team:
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce & supply chain problems around how people eat. Working closely with teams in Berlin, New York & Toronto, we work on challenging problems that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact. Sometimes, this involves experimenting to improve the user journey & making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced test engineer to help drive the quality process for several teams through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. You will work closely with product owners to obtain requirements & help define test strategies to ensure weve covered all our bases. As a member of our North American team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers, who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, & have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
- Work across several teams & markets to define & lead the quality process through all phases of SDLC
- Define test strategies for newly developed functionalities
- Contribute to enhancing automated testing solutions for web & mobile applications
- Help develop & maintain a comprehensive testing approach & plan
- Experience in leading & enabling the quality delivery process for a team, as well as a strong understanding of agile SDLC phases
- 5+ years of experience on an agile software development team, with knowledge of best practices & test methodologies
- Proficient in creating functional & non-functional risk-based test plans that include automation strategies for front & back end (+ business flows & user experience aspects). Youre able to define regression plans & perform a quality risk analysis/mitigation.
- 4+ years of experience in testing high traffic distributed systems from component to end-to-end
- Experience writing automated tests for frontend or backend applications
- An understanding of CI/CD principles & experience in maintaining jobs in CI/CD environments
- Proficient in test management tools & in defect management tools (Jira preferred)
Interacting with front-ends, designers, product managers & our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of the platforms & environments we support.
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.