BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, HuffPost, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an energetic, news-obsessed communications professional to support editorial publicity for both BuzzFeed News & HuffPost. The person in this role will work under BuzzFeeds VP of Communications & within the broader BuzzFeed PR team. The publicists primary focus will be extending the reach & impact of HuffPosts & BuzzFeed Newss reporting, overall narrative, & brands, both externally & internally at BuzzFeed. Partnership with editors & reporters is an essential element of this job, & will include collaboration with the editorial team on the communications strategy & the promotion of content that lives across BuzzFeeds site & apps, as well as platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, & Twitter. This job will also include editorial publicity for BuzzFeed News & HuffPost programming that lives on Twitter, Facebook Watch, iHeart & Apple Podcasts, & more.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for news, loves media relations, thrives in a fast-paced newsroom environment, & is inspired by what HuffPost & BuzzFeed News produce every day across their platforms. This role will report to the VP of Communications & will work very closely with the respective editorial teams & the broader PR team.
- Support strategy & execution for editorial communications.
- Collaborate with editors & reporters to know what theyre working on, whats coming up, & develop strategic communications plans to best position their work.
- Be in constant touch with press, pitch producers, & grow relationships with media contacts.
- Serve as the PR point of contact during breaking news & around major events.
- Act as a liaison between BuzzFeed News/HuffPost & BuzzFeed at large.
- Support other newsroom-related activities & initiatives including event planning & management, award submissions, BuzzFeed Studio projects, & more.
- Demonstrated success securing media coverage across various platforms (tv, print, web, radio).
- Solid understanding of media & tech landscape, & a strong editorial sensibility.
- Excellent organization & communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines, lead projects, & be a strategic advisor in time-sensitive scenarios.
- Passion for following media, digging into trends, & staying ahead of the news cycle.
- (Obsession with news & politics greatly preferred.)
- 3-5 years experience inside a news organization and/or in a press shop pitching on a daily basis.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.