About the role:
Dig Inn is growing rapidly, & scaling our business is both exciting & challenging. The Concept Development Manager will be responsible for process & project management of new concepts at Dig. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate ideation, R&D, & launch of new product & service innovations. You will manage up & collaborate with senior executives throughout the organization, as well as establish & maintain strong relationships with external partners & vendors. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success working in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Translate executive directives & market opportunities into concrete product roadmaps.
- Lead collaborative workshops to define new concepts & align all stakeholders on a shared vision.
- Identify meaningful & measurable KPIs for the different phases of concept development.
- Coordinate workstream timing & manage dependencies to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Create a framework for prioritizing new concept requirements & features.
- Manage diverse stakeholders from all parts of the business.
- Design feedback loops for concept validation & informed product iteration.
- A problem solver. You love to learn about any subject & ask the right questions to derive the best solution possible.
- An analyzer. You love to collect & analyze qualitative & quantitative information & adept at helping others find clarity through analysis.
- A natural storyteller. You love to weave data, analysis, & insights into storytelling, both written & verbal. You have a knack for tailoring your communication style to best match the audience.
- A big picture thinker & tactical executor. You love to brainstorm, get creative, & think big picture but, also understand how things can & need to get done in a thoughtful manner. You find energy through project management & can drive big ideas to the finish line.
- An anticipator. You love to anticipate, identify, & troubleshoot issues or concerns before they happen & can provide timely information & updates while exercising discretion.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role at a high-performing, fast-paced organization.
- Proven success in taking projects from conception to execution.
- Developed business & project plans for initiatives that cut across the organization while keeping prioritization in mind.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You can build trust & form genuine relationships with a wide range of individuals quickly & enjoy supporting others to do what they do even better.
- Exceptional organizational skills & can keep everyone on track & on target. In addition, you constantly re-evaluate importance & urgency relative to company pivots & moving demands.
- Experience in creating process & implementing new strategies & procedures that best serve the company.
- Strong research, writing, & oral communication skills.
- A test-and-learn mindset with a desire to leverage insights to improve your work.
- Consumer-facing brand experience - food or hospitality experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of & passion for the latest trends in food & Dig Inns mission.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves & execute - everyone wears multiple hats at Dig Inn!
Dig Innis a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.