SoundHound is creating & productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies & award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication & fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees & users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, & weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, andthe opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be implementing functionality similar to what you see in these videos:
You will be learning & using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, & AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years.
Weve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. These user experiences will be showcased within our Hound app, & made available to other developers via the Houndify platform, enabling them to power billions of devices & applications.
Your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
- You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
- Your dream job involves building/owning the systems that improve the lives of millions of users every day.
- You view coding as an art form, & your love of coding is second only to your love of deprecating even more code.
- You notice opportunities to improve the end user experience & are proactive about getting the details right.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable & maintainable systems.
- Proficient in C/C++ & at least one scripting language
- Excellent algorithms skills, & ability to write efficient code
- Strong English language communication skills
- Experience with data conditioning & relevance algorithms
- Experience manipulating & managing large amounts of data
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with third-party APIs or datasets
- Experience working in a client-server Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with web crawling & related concepts
- Familiarity with text search & related systems
- Fluent in additional languages such as:
- Spanish, French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume & cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.