Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an outgoing Student Success Specialist to oversee the Student Success function & to ensure that students, instructors, & staff have the tools & resources necessary to deliver high-quality learning experiences at GA.
This is a role for a motivated team player who is process-driven & has an eye for detail who wants to be part of a fast-paced, growing educational community.
This is a US-based role that will be working out of Chicago.
- Create & onboard all incoming students to in-class tools & resources
- Track student pre-work data ensuring students meet 100% completion standards prior to the start of class.
- Represent the voice of the student owning cross-functional communication & collaboration across teams.
- Oversee the execution of local student success strategy.
- Track student progress against graduation requirements, monitoring & coordinating interventions to address red flags.
- Support student collections outreach & act as a liaison between students & Finance.
- Review both qualitative & quantitative student data to identify trends in the learner experience.
- Oversee the development & execution of SSPs/IEPs partnering with local Instruction & Outcomes.
- Mediate & manage student withdrawal requests, tracking/reporting, & retention strategy.
- Develop & execute the local strategy for student-facing events & ongoing community outreach.
- Foster a welcoming & inclusive community for all students & alumni.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of all GA Education Product lines in order to best serve the student, instructor, & local community
- 3-5+ years prior work experience, preferably in a customer or client success role.
- Tech & system savvy; familiar with Google Suite.
- Great written & verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in people management and/or coaching
- Highly organized, can coordinate multiple projects at once
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, & execute in a timely fashion.
- Able to anticipate customer needs & act accordingly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & last-minute changes, remains calm under pressure.
- Is open to feedback & collaboration, & committed to transparency
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Complexity