Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare.
As a Product Manager youll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems & accelerating your teams execution. In this role youll join our Growth product team which is focused on driving revenue by partnering closely with the Sales, Marketing, & Operations teams to expand to new markets & to drive member growth.
Oscar aims to make healthcare affordable & accessible, & our brokers play a pivotal role in supporting our members as they navigate the complexities of healthcare. You will play a key role in improving how we partner with brokers to create easy to use experiences focused on initiating & retaining members.
- Create the vision, strategy, & roadmap for future product investments that supports our brokers selling experience.
- Partner with engineers & designers to ship functionality that delights users & makes a measurable impact on the business.
- Be a bridge between business needs & our tech product to influence how Oscars unique tech stack can drive impact toward our core growth initiatives.
- Define a set of KPIs to measure business & operational impact & be able to analyze them & utilize them in decision making processes.
- Problem solve issues across teams to quickly diagnose the root cause & move to a resolution.
- Articulate crisp & thorough requirements including core & edge cases.
- Demonstrate an appetite for growth, resourcefulness, & coachability.
You will report into a Senior Product Manager in our NYC office.
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & cross functional partners around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its member parts & how to communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience & design with members, providers, internal users, & more in mind.
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Define the business & user goals of the team by identifying improvements to the broker experience.
- Work with engineers, designers & other company partners to create specs & implement features.
- Make sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, & quality.
- Produce insights from data & user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate & organize work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience partnering closely with sales, marketing, & operations teams.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.