Were looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to help us design & build scalable & reliable services to support our growing business. We are looking for someone who will be heavily involved in scaling our technology & implementing a microservice architecture. This person will establish best practices for the engineering team around coding patterns & usage of different technologies & libraries within our stack. If you value simplicity & work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, wed like to talk to you.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience delivering high-quality software
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Experience building microservices
- Experience with highly scalable systems
- Familiarity with DevOps development methodology
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience communicating with users, technical teams, & management to collect requirements
- Experience with Cloud Services
Big Plus If
- You have experience with load testing & integration testing tooling
- You have technical leadership & team management experience
- You are familiar with Google Cloud Platform, Docker, & Kubernetes
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business
- Healthcare coverage & a generous vacation policy
- Daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive
- A pantry full of snacks
- Fun company-sponsored events & off sites
About the Team
The engineering team at Ritual is a small & tight-knit unit. We are driven to deliver high-quality software as quickly as possible to our end users. We are extremely data-driven in our decisions about the product & constantly iterate to provide best customer experience. We are problem solvers, while remaining business-minded & customer-focused.
We are mostly a Java shop hosted on Google Cloud Platform. We are currently in the process of transitioning a monolithic codebase on AppEngine to microservices using Docker/Kubernetes communicating over gRPC. Our data layer is mainly in MySQL, Memcache, & BigQuery. Our customers interact with the application through native iOS & Android apps as well as a web (React) interface. We take a project-based agile approach to software development.
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. We are an online marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods & services more efficient. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 290+ people & has raised $150 million in venture funding.