The Sales Strategy Manager (or Manager of Sales Strategy not a people manager) will be part of a growing GTM Strategy, Planning & Operations team tasked to drive field sales initiatives that optimize our go-to-market (GTM) & build future growth opportunities. Key areas of responsibility will include Annual & longer-range business planning, headcount planning, segmentation, budget allocation, conversion rate analysis, KPIs & quota setting. Given its position central to GTM, the Sales Strategy Manager will hold a highly visible seat alongside the VP GTM Operations & CRO.
In this role you can expect to:
- Have a valued opinion; one that is rooted in empirical evidence & can be articulated to executives & sales management
- Drive key planning activities including Territory Carving, Quota Setting, Headcount Planning & Budget & QBR prep
- Create, maintain & optimize models for driving understanding & strategy
- Independently manage cross functional initiatives with various teams across Field Operations, Finance, Marketing & Products
- Solve problems that do not yet have answers, requiring an open mind & a curiosity to uncover solutions
- Have accountability for getting stuff done, fully recognizing this can include the smallest of details
- Analyze regional performance of the Sales team & identify levers for driving revenue growth
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 8+ years work experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Strategy, FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field in SaaS organizations with strong exposure to go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, & craft recommendations & results into easily digestible messages, communications, & executive presentations
- Strong executive presence & engagement skills
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills & the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency
- Proven track record of advanced data analysis & modeling skills, leading cross-functional initiatives & succeeding in a complex & fast-moving environment
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform, Tableau, 6-Sense & other related cloud or web based technologies
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite/Google G Suite
Appian embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.