Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brandsbut also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We are now looking for a Graphics Programmer to reinforce our team. In this role, you will be part of the development team & be responsible for the implementation & maintenance of various features of graphics rendering & optimization for the game.
What will you do ?
- Provide technical expertise to develop & optimize rendering technologies. This includes architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, profiling, maintaining, & support;
- Profile frame to assess bottleneck & implement technical solution to constantly push visual quality level;
- Work with technical artists, artists, designers & other team members involved in features' development;
- Develop rendering tool & engine components;
- Review code from other team members when needed.
- 5+ years of programming experience in the game industry focusing on graphics
- Experience in design & implementation of graphics techniques & detailed knowledge of graphics hardware
- Experience with contemporary graphics API (Direct 3D, OpenGL) & Shader programming (HLSL, Cg)
- Strong math skills -including trigonometry & linear algebra
- Understanding of memory management, multithreading & runtime optimization
- Strong problem solving & debugging skills
- Multi-platform development experience
That would be great if you have a previous exposurewith :
- Developing on Xbox One and/or PS4 and/or Switch
- Developing with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Computer hardware equipment
- Windows development
- Graphics tools & exporters
- Game system & functionality programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer & we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & to better games for our users.