WayUp is the go-to platform for millions of early-career professionals to explore job & internship opportunities, receive advice, & get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUps platform to reach, recruit & engage with the new generation of early-career talent. Since launching in 2014, WayUp has helped millions of candidates launch their careers.
WayUp is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to support with the Controller. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic startup environment, will bring energy & passion to everything they do, & will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big & small.
- Assist accounting team with data entry, ad hoc requests, & general month-end closing procedures
- Support accounts receivable collections efforts to ensure timely cash payment from customers
- Help process invoices & AP tasks
- Reconcile bank statements
- Complete special projects as needed & other duties assigned
- Previous experience & working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software is a huge plus
- Precise & strong attention to detail
- Understand finance & accounting principles & practices
- Must be motivated & have a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Stellar interpersonal skills & the ability to assist individuals on the accounting & finance teams & cross-functionally
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines & provide regular status updates about work progress
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process & consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents & perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard toactual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex & gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation & related medical conditions), gender identity & gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military & veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, & any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics).