Help lead the fight against financial crime & give our customers a great onboarding experience.
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over 7bn each year for thousands of businesses, & we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms & scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Weve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK & Europe & are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) & serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich & of course, London (our HQ).
Were backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital & Y Combinator.
About the Team
The Compliance Operations team plays a critical role in GoCardless continued expansion. The team:
- Manages the initial & ongoing verification of customers in over 30 geographies, providing the best possible customer experience
- Reviews our customers against PEP & sanctions lists, so were only working with customers that we should be
- Coordinates the delivery of AML/CTF training across the company, so everyone in GoCardless makes compliance conscious decisions
- Identifies & investigates any suspicious activity to ensure that GoCardless is not facilitating financial crime
- Making customer onboarding decisions upon reviewing customer documentation
- Resolving alerts that result from our PEPs & Sanctions screening process
- Communicating with our customers to guide them through the onboarding process
- You will continually look to improve customer experience & team efficiency by challenging our thinking & asking why we do what we do
- This role is full time (Monday to Friday, 9-6) & based in our London office
What we're looking for
- You have previous experience working in a customer onboarding team or similar role
- You take pride in paying attention to detail & see tasks through to the end
- You naturally take initiative & ask the right questions to help you succeed
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you this is how weve always done it
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You understand the importance of anti-money laundering & counter-terrorist financing
- Equally, youre conscious of the customer experience & explaining our requirements effectively
- You have flawless written & verbal communication skills & are happy to support customers via email or over the phone
- You are fluent (written & verbal) in English & French
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds & we welcome diversity if you're unsure, please apply.