The Dodo is seeking a creative, efficient & organized visual storyteller to join our team as a Video Editor. You will have the exciting opportunity to work on El Dodo, our dedicated Spanish-language brand. Weve seen rapid audience growth on El Dodo since launching in 2017, & were looking for someone who is excited to build on this momentum & motivated to grow with us.
As a Video Editor for El Dodo, you will be reporting to the Social Media Manager & you will thoughtfully translate & repackage existing Dodo franchises from English to Spanish using Adobe Premiere. You will also have the opportunity to create localized content for El Dodo by identifying & sourcing stories that will resonate with our audience. To thrive in this role, you must demonstrate excellent storytelling skills & have a knack for scripting & producing compelling mid-form or long-form videos for digital platforms, with a focus on Facebook & YouTube to start. The right candidate will have a good editorial instinct, a high-level of creativity, comprehensive understanding of the editing process at every stage, & will be an experienced translator who has an obsession with digital media.
- Rebrand The Dodos franchises to appeal to a Spanish speaking audience by way of compelling storytelling & turnkey technical expertise such as voice over & graphics
- Identify stories that will resonate with a Spanish speaking audience (U.S & International) based on best practices, top performing content & social media signals
- Source compelling stories about animals by mining social media, building relationships, putting together shot lists & communicating with uploaders to obtain engaging footage
- Find The Dodo/El Dodo angle that makes stories shareable through conducting interviews & crafting an original narrative with the emotional kernel in mind
- Use video editing techniques & rigorous storytelling to create about five midform videos per month that exemplify the Dodo/El Dodo voice & brand
- Use feedback to iterate on content selection/sourcing & editing techniques, working closely with other editors & the El Dodo Social Media Manager & Video Coordinator
- 3-4 years of editorial experience in video editing & storytelling
- Fluent Spanish, able to communicate & narrate (writing/speaking) in a universal, native & conversational tone
- Expert in copywriting, writing scripts (in Spanish), & translating (English to Spanish)
- Experience creating emotionally compelling narrative video (please provide clips)
- Advanced experience with Premiere & After Effects
- A drive to put together a complete story start to finish, including working closely with sources & producing parts of the story
- Desire to work for a growing company & a love of animals
- Extremely creative, organized & dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Able to work independently & also exchange feedback with a close-knit team
- Solid understanding of the Dodo brand & a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers
- Voice over experience a plus
We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, & perks like working from home on Fridays. Office culture & work-life balance are very important to us, & bringing your dog to work is encouraged! Our team is made up of enthusiastic, ambitious people who like to help animals & have fun in the process. The Dodo is a Group Nine Media brand in partnership with Discovery Communications, Thrillist, & NowThis.
*Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered!