WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze SMS team is responsible for building & maintaining the core infrastructure that delivers tens of millions of personalized SMS messages a month on behalf of our customers. This includes a feature-rich dashboard & API endpoints that allow our customers to compose SMS messages & access real-time analytics on those messages, backed by a highly parallelized platform for sending SMS & processing SMS-related events at massive scale.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will work with us to build out new features, improve performance, & provide guidance on key architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as architecting new iterations of critical components for our systems & optimizing our systems for resilience as they scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experienced technical leader
- Strong understanding of distributed system design, data structures, & algorithms
- A self starter with great communication & organizational skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Professional experience with any of: Ruby, Rails, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.