Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Copywriter/Writer to join our Brand team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. And we need your help with that.
About the role
Brand at Oscar is focused on Oscars brand experience. Were designers, writers, producers working with strategists, animators, illustrators & a whole host of other talented folks to connect with people. We do this with curiosity, wit, wisdom, passion & a ton of joy. What were doing genuinely matters. We work closely with other orgs like marketing & product, population health & consumer insights to reimagine the role of our brand & its influence on the healthcare system.
As a Copywriter/Writer youll partner with our Creative Director & designers to develop ideas, youll drive writer-led content, & youll work on advertising, blogs, direct mail designs, social, email campaigns, swag & everything in between. Youll tell member stories as well as provide really important information to them. The right candidate is an experimentalist at heart with a firm grounding in the basics of copywriting & longer form writing who is looking to grow in all these areas. Youre deeply creative & collaborative yet independent. You know how to write with clarity, compassion & care as well as with wit, surprise & cleverness. Youre not afraid to get someones attention with a great line & you dont mind being nimble.
Oscar serves a wide variety of people, ranging from young families to small business owners to those on Medicare. Theyre in a wide variety of places as well, from California to Texas to Florida to the Bronx. And everyone, of course, is stressed by a global pandemic. Youll need to be curious about all of these people & sensitive to their changing needs.
This role reports to our Creative Director in the NYC office
- Ownership of projects from start to finish, in collaboration with teammates & team leaders.
- Creative development & execution of creative ideas ranging from swag to advertising to direct mail pieces.
- Development of content ranging between blogs, email & social campaigns, from idea through execution.
- Represent brand voice & tone to every team across the company. Help serve this by editing & guiding other teams work to be consistent with brand voice & tone.
- Shape the present & future of Oscars creative endeavors, big, small, everyday & never-before-seen.
- Work hand-in-hand with brand designers, product designers & marketing teammates.
We value people from diverse backgrounds & will consider candidates with different types of education & relevant professional experiences in determining qualification. If you feel qualified, please apply. Your experiences & your demonstrated skill sets are far more important than your level or industry expectations.
- You have 4+ years experience in copywriting/content creation across multiple formats.
- Exceptional writing & editorial skills with the ability to be witty as well as concise & clear.
- You have experience in user-centric writing, including work in health care. Digital agency experience also preferred.
- You can be journalistic in search of information.
- You make decisions based on data & can set quantitative goals, yet you can play a hunch.
- You can concept & execute an idea that can translate across multiple channels & formats.
- You collaborate well & bring a positive energy to the team.
- You welcome feedback & can easily revise work based on stakeholder feedback.
- You are accustomed to speed, scrappiness & are motivated by a fast paced & high performing team.
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.