Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Expansion Operations Manager, you will be on the frontline of Capsules mission to build a pharmacy that works for everyone from Manhattan to Manhattan Beach. You will be overseeing the launch of future Capsule locations.
- Identify, negotiate, & manage key vendors & deliveries.
- Work with the Expansion team to ensure a location is legally & regulatory compliant.
- Serve as the business lead in-market for its first year after launch.
- Communicate updates to departmental stakeholders & the executive team.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all deadlines are being met.
- Manage operational, marketing, growth & logistical requirements.
- Liaise with regional teams to hand off new fully operational locations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Successful business generalist with experience getting results, tracking costs, & systematizing your actions
- Determination to achieve results, & to work outside the box & sometimes outside typical responsibilities to get the job done
- Willingness to travel when launching new markets
- Proficient understanding of launching a new location & the related operations
- Strong bias for action, collaboration, & communication skills
- Ability to think critically & analytically, with attention to detail & capacity to deep-dive when necessary
- Comfort working with varied worker profiles, including: engineers, accountants, pharmacists, general contractors, landlords, & more
- Embrace change & adapt to shifting priorities; Comfort with ambiguity & changing timelines
- Structured & organized thinker who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction
- Worked in healthcare, tech, or consulting
- Experience managing a P&L or carrying a quota
- Negotiating experience (legal, contracts, acquisitions, RFPs, etc.)
- Experience with Excel, SQL
- MBA graduate
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.